How I have dealt with the past three months (Aurélien.T)


The day of my birthday, the 29th of March, I came back to France only after one month and a half passed in Slovakia. As we said in a previous article, we came back to France which was in lockdown since two weeks. When I arrived at home the way of life was very different, my parents were worried about the situation and the possibility that I was infected by the virus. That is why during the first two weeks, I limited contacts with them, so I was most of the time alone in my room. I watched a lot of series in original version with English subtitles to at least improve my English and I made vocabulary sheets to help me remember all the new words.

Moreover, regularly I had to send homework to my Erasmus’s teachers but I have to admit that I wasn’t very motivated. Indeed, it was very difficult to work steadily because we had a lot of time and for my part I was a bit disappointed regarding the content of certain courses. In addition, we didn’t have Visio conference lessons, we had to follow by ourselves by some reading pdf. I didn’t find this way of learning very interesting, but I understand that it was very difficult for everybody to be organised in a such little time. The most important is that I sent all homework on time and I managed my exams.

Another point regarding the lockdown in France is that I used to like taking pictures again, something that I wasn’t doing anymore because I had others things to do with my friends or with my football club for example. I realized some videos with my gopro, it allowed me to go outside and enjoy the fresh air of the countryside. As you can see on the video, this is an example of videos that I have made.

To conclude, like others students, I am very disappointed that my Erasmus has been shortened, I was expecting a lot from this experience like discovering countries, making new friends or improving my English and it has not been possible. But these last three months make me realized that I could be interested in news or old activities and also that we have to change our way of life regarding the situation with the covid.


Aurélien.

Comments