My Erasmus experience and my return to France

My trip to start on February 12, 2020. I flew from Nantes to Budapest where, with 3 friends, we were going to join the time of a weekend, students of the Esaip already installed there- low for several weeks.

So I arrived in Bratislava on February 16 and my integration with foreign students to start. We spent two and a half weeks without constraints, I had superb meetings, it was great. However, the COVID came into our lives and we were therefore confined to dormitories. A first repatriation bus left but with 3 friends we decided to stay to hope for an improvement in the situation. Unfortunately, the situation only got worse and we decided to take the last repatriation bus because the magic of Erasmus had disappeared a bit.

On March 29, we all returned to France to join our families. So I was confined for 2 months with my whole family. My two little sisters, my big brother, my parents and Teddy my dog. In the house there was a very good atmosphere, I am lucky that we all hear very well. In the evening we met in the living room to watch a family series, we played board games.

For my part, I took advantage of my free time to watch OV series to continue working on my listening comprehension. I started with French subtitles and then in English, and sometimes I completely removed the subtitles. I have of course worked on my courses which we received by email and validated the subjects during the distance exams.

I also took advantage of my free time to learn to play a little guitar, it is not very brilliant but it is a start. I also played some online video games with friends. For the first time in several years I have read a book of my own free will. And with my brother, for several weeks, we followed a sports program, it was very nice to have a little daily activity that boosted me physically and mentally.

Finally, this trip brought me a lot in terms of cultural exchanges with Erasmus students even if our experience was shortened, my return to France was difficult at the beginning because I could not live my Erasmus fully, but I am when same happy to have found my fault completely because it was a long time since we had not found all 6 in the house.

Adelin GARCIA

Comments